Love this app!

Developer
Nov 29, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Just wanted to jump in and save thanks for this fun app!    Just grabbed the source code to check it out and hope to see how you did certain things.  I'm personally interested in fixing a bug with not being able to login sometimes and also moving the buttons around to fix UI elements for the login screen so you can confirm  /  cancel your action with the on screen keyboard still active.

Developer
Nov 29, 2010 at 4:09 AM

So i'm trying to import this project so i can edit and the only thing i'm missing is the headlight player.  A quick bing search and it looks like there is a microsoft research project but i'm not sure that is what you're using or not - is there something else on codeplex?

The other two required projects are:

http://silverlight.codeplex.com/releases - silverlight toolkit

http://www.galasoft.ch/mvvm/installing/manually/ - Gallasoft Mvvm

Coordinator
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Glad to hear you are checking out the app! The headlight player is a modified version of the Deep Zoom player dll from Microsoft, and the source code for that is not available. However, it is only used for the "explore" (Mars Atlas) part of the app. It handles the Mars Atlas regional selection functionality.

The Gallasoft reference can be removed completely. I will take it out for the next release. It was initially used for an earlier version of the app.

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Thanks for the app, awesome work. Will check it out more thorough soon :)

Sep 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Hi there,

I am really enjoying the app, thank you for some really engaging and exciting work. I posted a couple of issues earlier and just wanted to make sure you knew I was not here to be a complainer!

I was wondering if in the galleries whether modifying the images to be tap-able and then change into full screen mode with support for changing orientation and pinch to zoom would be a nice touch?

I intend of downloading the source and trying to get it going so may be able to do something myself to help out with this and some of the other easier issues I rasied.

Sincerely

Andrew Poad